Canada Immigration Programs For Truck Drivers – As a truck driver, do you know that your services are needed in Canada? Canada is one of the countries that have truck driving as one of the most in-demand occupation in the country. They are among the highest earning occupation in the country as they earn about $50,000 to $70,000 as annual average salary.
The country has large cities and a wonderful landscape which makes it easy to transport goods and people without issues and so as a long haul truck driver; the vast land offers you great opportunity to move goods from different provinces and territories within Canada.
In Canada, it has been made a duty for industries to hire foreign skilled truck drivers to fill up labour shortages especially when they involve in transportation of goods. Truck drivers are really important in the economy as they add their own quota to the growth and development of Canada.
Therefore, provinces are taking it as a point of duty to see how they could invite foreign skilled truck drivers especially long haul truck drivers into the country. There are several provincial nominee programs that help foreign truck drivers to get visa into Canada and also become permanent residence in Canada. so as a truck driver, getting permanent residence will mean that you will have to get a job offer from an employer in any of the provinces you want to live in.
Canada offers you a lot of benefits and immigrating to Canada is going to be a wonderful decision for you as you are going to get high minimum wages, enjoy better standard of living, low cost of living, serene environment, security, etc. so you see that Canada is the best country to immigrate to right now and the government of Canada has set out an agenda to invite over a million immigrants from different parts of the world into Canada. So you should be ready to be among the lucky immigrants that will be immigrating to the Great White North in the next three years.
The Provincial Nominee Immigration Program for truck drivers
Like we mentioned earlier that there are some provincial nominee programs for truck drivers. If you go through these programs as a truck driver, it becomes easy for you to immigrate to Canada and even get a permanent residence. Let’s look at some of these programs:
The Ontario immigrant Nominee Program
This is a province economic immigration program that works in partnership with the government through the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada. It is a combination of pathways through which foreigners can become permanent residence of Canada. This program is restricted to Ontario and it recognizes and nominates applicants who have the skills, experience and qualification to help fill up labour shortages and boost the economy of Ontario. Though the government of Canada makes the final decision to approve the applications for the candidates.
The foreign skilled worker is given a job offer by an employer in Ontario as he has been seen to have met the requirement that the Ontario economy needs. There are a few occupations that are in-demand in Ontario and truck driving is one of them.
We are going to be listing the requirements to qualify for nomination in this province.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must pass the language proficiency test in English and French
- You are expected to have a work experience of 7-9months in Ontario for you to get a permanent residence
- You must have the educational requirements
- You must prove that you have enough funds to support your stay in the province
- You must have a valid job offer
- You must prove that you are going to settle and live in the province on a full-time basis
- You must have no criminal record
The province operates some immigration streams like:
- Ontario Human capital
- Ontario Business
- Ontario Employer Job offer
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
British Columbia is located in the west coast of Canada and is one of the beautiful provinces in the country. The province is looking to hire skilled workers to help it in its quest for continuous growth and development and so this makes it a top destination for immigrants.
The British Columbia PNP is a program that is geared at enabling immigrants get permanent residence into the province. There are streams through which you can be nominated for permanent residence through this program. This program is in partnership with the Canadian government to attract skilled foreign workers that are beneficial to the province.
The program has two categories where other streams fall into. They are:
- British Columbia Skills immigration
- British Columbia Entrepreneurship immigration
The long haul truck drivers are under the BC skills immigration stream as they are one of the occupations that are in-demand in the province. Let’s look at some of the requirements to get a permanent residence through this program. They are:
- You should have the right educational requirements or an equivalent of the Canada high school
- You must have a valid job offer and be qualified for the job offered that is being a licensed truck driver
- You must have a full-time work experience of about nine months in the province
- You must at least meet the minimum language requirement in English and French
- Your temporary foreign work permit must be valid
- You must have no criminal record
- You must show that you are able to support yourself while in the province
You will also need a LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) to help you with your application to the province that is if you are going through the BC skills immigration. The LMIA is a document issued by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to enable the employers in Canada to hire skilled foreign workers to fill up labour shortages as there are no available citizen of Canada willing to take up the job. A copy of the LMIA will be given to you and will help boost you chances of being nominated.
The Yukon nominee program
Yukon is seen in the Northwest of Canada and a very peaceful and interesting place to live in Canada. The Yukon nominee program is a combination of pathways and streams that allows foreigners to come into Canada and become permanent residence of the country. The Yukon Territory operates different streams like:
- Yukon critical Impact Program
- Yukon skilled worker
- Yukon business nominee
- Yukon express entry
The long haul truck drivers are under the Yukon critical worker stream as they are needed in the province to help transport goods from the southern provinces to the Northern provinces like Yukon. From the big cities, the goods will also have to get to smaller communities and places in the territory. In this program the requirements are not much and they are:
- A valid job offer
- Meeting the educational requirements
- Meeting the minimum language requirement in English and French
- You must show that you will settle and live in the province
- You must have no criminal record
The Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program
Nova Scotia is one of the thirteen provinces in Canada and one of the four Atlantic Provinces and it is the Latin name for “New Scotland”. It is located in the east coast of Canada and is mostly populated with English speaking natives. It is a very industrious province with its capital city to be Halifax.
The Nova Scotia PNP is a program designed to hire and retain foreign skilled workers to fill up labour shortages in the province and contribute to the growth and development of the province. The Nova Scotia PNP is a collection of different immigration pathways to enable foreigners come into the province and get permanent residence in Canada.
There are some immigration streams under this program and they are:
- Nova Scotia Entrepreneur
- Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Nova Scotia Physicians
- Nova Scotia Skilled Workers
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
Truck drivers are under the Nova Scotia occupations in demand stream and you can go through this stream as a truck driver and stand a chance of getting a permanent residence to the country. Let’s look at the requirements you should meet:
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must have at least one year work experience in truck driving
- You must have a full-time job in Nova Scotia under the NOC 7511 for truck drivers
- You must have a high school diploma
- You must prove you have enough funds to support yourself and any other family member that will settle in Nova Scotia
- You must pass the minimum requirements for language in English or French
- You must have no criminal record and be in good health
New Brunswick provincial nominee program
New Brunswick is one of the four Atlantic Provinces in Canada. It is located on the east coast of the Atlantic Ocean. It is the only province with both English and French as it official language. Though it is mostly know to be forested, it is an interesting province to live it. It is known for its low cost of living and its capital city is Fredericton.
The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program is combinations of different immigration programs to enable foreigners come into the province and help promote the growth and development of the province. The program hosts several immigration streams under it and some of these streams are:
- New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream
- New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- New Brunswick skilled workers with employer support
The truck drivers are under the New Brunswick Skilled Workers Stream. The province is one of the provinces that offers a competitive salary for truck drivers and for you to become a permanent resident in Canada in this province, you will have to meet the eligibility requirements and also have a valid job offer from an employer in New Brunswick. Some of its requirements are same as those in the Nova Scotia PNP. – Canada Immigration Programs For Truck Drivers