Welcome to Our detailed article on how you can get a job in Canada. This article contains detailed processes that will guide you on how to make the right decision at the right time.
Please we want you to understand that getting the right dream job in Canada is very possible. The tips and methods present in this article are based on previous experience from a team member and we strongly believe that replicating it will produce similar result.
How To Get Your Dream Job In Canada
Without wasting much of your time, we will like to dive straight to some of the important steps you should take when seeking for a job in Canada:
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume: The first step towards getting a job in Canada is by formatting your resume to meet with the standard requirements in Canada. You resume is what represents you in the presence of your employer and should be good enough to convince your employer to invite you for an interview. An improperly formatted resume can prevent your employer from calling you for an interview and this will cost you the job opportunity. An example of an improperly formatted resume are those that list duties rather than personal or team achievements.
- Be selective in your choices: when in search for a job, its unprofessional to respond to every job advert you see. You need to be selective on the kind of jobs you apply for and you also need to ensure the offer meets with your need. Don’t go about sending 40-50 emails to different employers daily as most of these company employers know each other and also discuss employment related matters.
- Be flexible and Responsive: After the submission of your resume and the interview process, ensure you keep contact and follow up with the company to further confirm your interest. Sending a “Thank You” mail after an interview will further set you apart from other candidates applying for the same job.
- Get a strong reference: Getting a strong reference or recommendation from a staff in a similar company will give you an edge over the other candidates. If you have connections to someone in Canada or your home country, kindly seek for reference from them.
- Connect On LinkedIn: Social media platforms like YouTube are very good and effective when it comes to job opportunities. A lot of professional managers from different companies are using this platform, making it easier for you to reach out to them.
- Get Accreditations: Ensure you have all the accreditations needed to carry out a specific job in Canada. Jobs such as nursing, teaching, require accreditation. The accreditation process is very simple and straight forward but might take some time.
- Finally be Bold and Confident: Starting a new life, finding a job and building a network in a new country like Canada can be very difficult, tiring and depressing. There might be times where you feel intimidated by the activities of other people. Such situations are common and you just have to be bold and confident in yourself.