Welcome to this detailed article on how you can immigrate to Canada as a professional petroleum engineer. This article covers all you need to know about the immigration process. At the end of this article, we hope you will be able to start your Canada visa application immediately.
Are you’re a petroleum engineer currently working in a foreign country outside Canada? Are you interested in moving to Canada to continue your profession as a petroleum engineer? If YES! Then we must say that you are very lucky. This is because Canada is interested in accepting petroleum engineers under the skilled worker visa program. This program is designed to enable skilled workers like you immigrate to Canada without much hassle.
Petroleum engineer job description
The job of a petroleum engineer is and not limited to designing techniques, solutions and equipment’s needed in the production, storage and refining of petroleum products. The average salary of a petroleum engineer is around $97,000 CAD yearly.
Requirements to work as a petroleum engineer in Canada
Some of the requirements needed to work as a petroleum engineer in Canada is and not limited to:
- You must have a bachelor degree in petroleum engineering or any related discipline.
- Depending on the job requirement, you might be required to have a master’s degree in any petroleum engineering sub discipline.
- You will be required to acquire license from any provincial association.
Immigrate to Canada as a petroleum engineer using this step by step process
- Hire an immigration lawyer: The first and highly recommend process to immigrate to the United States is through an immigration lawyer. This is because, there are lots of documents and requirements to be submitted and the immigration lawyer will help you achieve this without much hassle.
- Choose a province to reside: This is very important to determine the requirements needed for engineer in the province. This is because, each province comes with a different requirement for engineers, so you have to be sure about the requirements in the province you want to work in.
- Obtain an engineering license: The last step is getting a license to practice engineering in the state you intend working.
Visa options for Petroleum Engineers immigrating to Canada
This section explains some of the visa options you can consider as a professional petroleum engineer with the interest to immigrate to Canada
Express entry: The Canada express entry program is a program designed to allow skilled foreign nationals with innovative and brilliant minds to move into Canada. However, in other for you to be considered for this program, you skill needs to be among the Skill level O, A or B.
The express entry is a system, based on point ranking using the express entry pool. The express entry system uses an express entry score which is based on different factors that include:
- Level of Work experience
- Language skill and proficiency
- Educational Level
Provincial nominee program: This program is designed to allow foreign nationals with skills that are needed in a particular province. Before applying for this program, you will need to have a valid job offer from an employer resident in Canada.
Are you interested in moving to Canada, if yes? We can help you achieve your dream. Kindly check out our home page for more information.