Best Way To IMMIGRATE TO CANADA FROM PERU – Many people from across the world choose to immigrate to Canada because of a lot of reasons ranging from job opportunities, better work condition, safety and security to higher standard of living. Canada boasts of a higher standard of living with some other countries of the world and who wouldn’t want to enjoy all these wonderful benefits. For some people, their Safety and security is paramount and they try to find a place where they can live and work safely. Well, don’t look too far, Canada is said to be one of the safest countries in the world.
In this article, we will be showing you how to immigrate to Canada from Peru and enjoy a good standard of living. By moving to Canada, you can worry less about you and your family’s safety and more about how to spend your free time together.
The Canadian government has mapped out a plan and agenda to welcome over 1.2 million immigrants within the next three years. Don’t you think you should grab this opportunity and be among the immigrants to Canada?
Continue reading to find out more about the Canadian immigration pathways.
- Express Entry
This is an online immigration program through which you can get permanent residence in Canada. In the program, you will have to create an online profile and fill in some information according to the requirements of the program. The program was initiated in 2015 in a bid to speed up the Canadian immigration process and make it easy for immigrants to apply for residence and work in Canada.
- Federal Skilled Workers Program
- Federal Skilled Trades program
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
The government determines which program you are eligible for, once you’ve filled out the form. This will only take about 10 to 15 minutes of your time. It is important that you fill every detail in the form correctly.
With the Express Entry you can actually apply for Canadian permanent residency, by putting your application in a draw pool along with other eligible applicants. Draws can happen as frequently as bi-weekly (two weeks).
Why should you apply through the Express Entry System?
Let’s look at two obvious reasons you should apply through the Express Entry System. They are:
- It only takes as little as six months to process you application and this makes it the fastest immigration system in Canada at the moment.
- If you don’t succeed the first time, your application will remain in the draw pool for a complete year, where you’ll be able to improve your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.
How does the Express Entry system work?
Your online profile needs to be completed and submitted within 60 days and it will be better to complete it sooner than later because when two applicants have the same score, a tie-breaking format will be use and the tie-breaking rule states that the applicant who submitted their profile first will receive the ITA. So you see why you shouldn’t wait.
What you need to create your online profile
- Your passport or travel document
- Education credential assessment report
- Language test results
- Certificate of qualification in a trade occupation issued by a Canadian province or territory (if you have one)
- Proof of work experience (if you have one)
- Provincial Nomination (if you have one)
Once you’ve submitted your profile, you’ll be placed into a draw pool as stated before. Here you will be given a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score which will determine your ranking in the pool. To qualify you must meet or score higher than the CRS cut-off score, the CRS qualifying score for each draw will vary.
Receiving the ITA means that you have the chance to apply to become a Canadian permanent resident.
What is the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)?
Are you confused about this? Well, the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is used by the government to assess and score all profiles in the Express Entry pool, which ultimately determines your ranking as well.
Your total CRS score is made up of two sections:
- Core set – total of 600 points.
- Additional set – total of 600 points.
This would make the maximum score achievable 1,200 points. Your score will be determined by factors such as language, work experience, education and more. The higher your CRS score the better your chances of receiving an invitation to apply.
- Home Support Worker Pilot
As a Peruvian wanting to immigrate to Canada, this is another immigration pathway. This is a five-year pilot program aimed to help foreign skilled workers, with experience in home support work, move to Canada and become permanent residents. Your family members can also come along. As a home support worker, your job duties include helping people with disabilities, helping seniors or individuals in rehabilitation. Since you would be working in the employer or client’s home, you may be required to live there as well.
The program is open to you if you have the following job titles:
- Live-in caregiver – seniors
- Personal care attendant – home care
- Family caregiver
- Attendant for persons with disabilities – home care
- Personal aide – home support
- Respite worker – home support
- Home visitor – infant care
Who is eligible for the home support worker pilot?
You want to see if you are eligible to work in Canada as a home support worker, well you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid job offer
You’ll need to obtain an official job offer from a Canadian employer. It needs to be a full-time position wherein you work a minimum of 30 hours a week. The offer may not be for work in the province of Quebec.
- Admissible to Canada
A customs agent will determine this when you arrive in Canada. You may be stopped from entering Canada and so you records have to be clean and clear of criminal records and poor health. If you have a police certificate and a medical exam, then the above is less likely to happen.
- Language proficiency
You’ll need to show proficiency in either English or French in each of the four language skill areas which are:
Please ensure that your test results are from a designated testing organization, for them to be seen as valid. The results also need to be less than two years old at the time of your application.
- Complete one year of post-secondary school
You’ll generally need a secondary education along with home care training. The alternative to this would be if you have an experience or training in home management which will make you eligible as well. However, you’ll then need to complete one year of post-secondary school education in Canada.
- Family Sponsorships
Another great way you can consider to immigrate to Canada from Peru is through the family class program. The Family Sponsorship program allows adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsor a relative or spouse for immigration to Canada.
Who can sponsor you through family sponsorships?
An individual can sponsor their spouse, partner or dependent children if:
- He or she is at least 18 years old
- He or she a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- He or she is able to prove that they are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
- He or she can provide for the basic needs of any persons they want to sponsor
A sponsor needs to make a promise that is known as an undertaking. He or she will have to promise that they can take care of you financially when you move to Canada. This undertaking commits them to:
- Provide financial support when their family members become permanent residents
- Repay any provincial social assistance their sponsored family might have received during that period
Another agreement that needs to be made is the sponsorship agreement, this is a document that says the sponsor and their family being sponsored agrees that:
- You as a sponsor providing for the basic needs of sponsored family members;
- The person being sponsored will make effort to support themselves and their family members
The length of the undertaking will depend on where the sponsor lives and their relationship to you. In the table below, you’ll find the period for each sponsor type.
READ ALSO: How To Immigrate To Canada From Dubai