How to Immigrate to Canada from Togo – Many west Africans have shown extreme interest in immigrating to Canada and Togo is not left out. Are you in Togo and you want to immigrate to Canada from Togo? If yes! Then you got one of the best decisions that will help you secure your future. Even though Togo is a good country in west Africa, there are still more than enough to benefit from immigrating to Canada. There has never been a better time to start your Canadian immigration processing. The Canadian government recently announced a 3-year plan to accept over a 1.2million foreign immigrants into the country. We fully understand how difficult it can be to leave Togo (your home country), but if you are concerned about securing your future, then you should be willing to carry on with your decision.
When you arrive Canada, then you will begin enjoying some of the gifts the country is blessed with. Example include, minimum to non-existent crime level, quality education, quality life, business and job opportunities, safe environment, best health care and a lot more.
There are more than enough immigration routes for you to make it to Canada. Some might be faster than others but we highly recommend you stick to routes that fit your personality and intentions. Your success to Canada clearly depends on the immigration pathway you choose.
In case you are thinking of becoming a Canadian citizen, then you should understand that the first step towards achieving that is by first becoming a permanent resident. Permanent residence status comes with a lot of benefits, some of them include:
- Free quality healthcare
- Free education
- Freedom to work anywhere
- Freedom to study anywhere
- Protection under the Canadian law.
To maintain the permanent resident status, you will have to spend two years during the first five years of getting the status. Ones you have successfully lived in Canada for three years, you will be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.
How to Immigrate to Canada from Togo
Here are three common ways you can immigrate to Canada:
Express Entry (EE) is a Canada online immigration application system that allows people to submit a profile and be qualified as a skilled immigrant. Candidates with the highest rankings are later invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
This online program enables you as a foreign skilled worker, become a Canadian permanent resident through three sub federal immigration program pathways:
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canadian experience class
Requirements for Express Entry
Some of the requirements for express entry includes:
- Applicant must have at least one year of work experience in your skilled occupation.
- Must be proficient in either English or French language. Test scores from IELTS or any other recommended results will be required. – Immigrate to Canada from Togo
- Must have a valid post-secondary education that is equivalent to the Canadian educational standard.
These are the minimum requirements needed for the express entry program. Meeting with these requirements will not automatically qualify you for invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
How to immigrate to Canada with the Express Entry system?
After you have met with all the least requirements, you will be required to create an online profile that will help facilitate the immigration process. Some important information needed for this include:
- Your passport documents
- Language test results
- Education credential assessment report
- Certificate of qualification in a trade occupation issued by a Canadian province
- Proof of work experience
- Provincial Nomination
Benefits of the Express Entry system
Some of the benefit of the express entry program includes:
- Everything will be done online, this makes it easy for all applicants
- This program allows you to remain in the pool if you are not successful the first time. During this period, you are allowed to improve your score so as to increase your chances of getting selected during the next round.
- You can improve you score by applying with your common-law partner or spouse.
The Provincial Nominee Program is a set of Canadian immigration programs operated by the Government of Canada in partnership with other individual provinces in canada, each of them have their own requirements and ‘streams’.
This program is for foreign workers who meet with the below criteria:
- Must have the skills, education and work experience needed to contribute to the economy of a specific province.
- Must be willing to live in that province, and
- Must want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territory have its their immigration programs that target certain groups of immigrants and their requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:
- business people
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
STUDY IN CANADA
Applying to study in Canada is another good way of immigrating to Canada. A lot of students from Togo are currently enjoying quality education in Canada today. All thanks to the government of Canada for providing the study permit immigration route and meeting with the educational demands for foreign nationals in Canada. So, if you are a student and you are interested in furthering your education in Canada, then we strongly advise that you apply for the study permit program. To be eligible for this visa, you will be required to apply and obtain an admission offer from a designated learning institution in Canada. After that, you can then proceed to applying for the study visa.
Requirements for a study visa?
Some of the requirements for study visa include:
- you must be enrolled in a designated institution
- you must have enough funds for your living expenses and tuition fees
- must be free from any criminal activity and show clean record
- you must be in good health
- you must show interest in leaving Canada after your studies
working in Canada with your student permit
You might be wondering if you can work in Canada with your student permit. The answer to this question is “YES”. You will be given the opportunity to work in Canada because that is one of the ways you will be exposed to first hand work experience in your field of study. You will be offered the option of working on or off the campus or working as an intern in a company in line with your field of study or simply going for a part time job.
Lastly, you can apply for a work visa which permits you to live and work in Canada. Later you can then proceed towards applying to become a permanent resident in Canada. – Immigrate to Canada from Togo
READ ALSO: How To Immigrate to Canada from Angola