mining jobs in Canada – Are you interested in getting a mining job in Canada and you don’t know how to go about it? If yes! In this article, we will be dishing out useful information on three provinces in Canada where you can find good and high pay mining jobs.
Canada is known worldwide as one of the leading nations when it comes to mining. Canada is the world leader when it comes to the production of minerals such as potash. Also, they rank as the top leading producers of non-metals such as gemstones and gold as well as metals such aluminum and platinum.
As a foreign immigrant looking to get a mining job in Canada, be rest assured you are on the right direction because, Canada mining sector is currently in need of foreign workers and they also offer good pay.
Canada is also known to have different pathways that lead to permanent residency for skilled and intermediate skilled foreign workers with high in demand skills. But before commencing your job search, we highly recommend you look at provinces in Canada that offers the highest level of mining job opportunities, this will help you better understand where you should focus on for a better chance of success.
Below are some of the provinces to find mining jobs in Canada.
Top Mining Provinces in Canada
There are actually three provinces in Canada that are regarded as the top mining provinces. They include British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. So, when you are searching for mining jobs in any of the well-known Canada job websites, always remember to narrow your search to these well-known areas in Canada.
Quebec happens to be the largest province in Canada. This is why we aren’t surprise to find out that the province house one-fifth of Canadas mining output. This province has the most diversified mining industry in Canada where you can find mining activities such as gold, diamonds, zinc, ore and many other minerals.
FACTS ABOUT QUEBEC
- Quebec is one of the producers of minerals such as cobalt, platinum, titanium dioxide, niobium etc.
- Quebec is the largest producer of zinc and iron concentrate
- Quebec is the second largest producer of gold.
- In the year 2016, minerals sourced from Quebec came from twenty-seven active mines and about five hundred and thirty surface mining sites.
The Ontario mining sector is known to employ over 40,000 people. Mineworkers here earn nothing less than an average of CAD $1790 while the mining support workers do earn around CAD $1815 weekly. Its also important to note that companies spend about CAD $100 million per year on mine land rehabilitation, environmental cleaning and engineering and environmental technologies.
FACTS TO NOTE:
- Ontario houses the second largest mining companies
- Ontario is the leading producer of minerals.
- Ontario is the safest largest mining jurisdiction is the world
- The average weekly wage gotten from Ontario mining industries is estimated to be 77% higher than what is gotten from the average industry wage in the province.
- BRITISH COLUMBIA
Another known province to source for mining jobs in Canada is British Columbia. This province is the largest producer of minerals such as copper and steel making coal. Its also the second largest producer of silver and the major producer of molybdenum. Miners in British Columbia earn an average of CAD $1600.
FACTS TO NOTE:
- British Columbia has a good culture of innovation and a robust venture market.
- Looking for the largest concentration of mining companies? You can find that in Vancouver.
- British Columbia is known as the largest exporter of coal.
How to Find a job in Canada’s Mining Industry
Are you interested in working in Canada mining industry? If yes. Then you are on the right path. There are over a hundred visa programs that allows foreign nationals immigrate to Canada. You should be happy about this because you will be having more than enough options to consider. Now you can move to Canada either on a temporary or permanent basis. To make things easier for you, we have decided to narrow down your options by discussing about two popular and commonly uses visa programs that will allow you work in Canada as a foreign immigrant.
Express entry program
Express Entry (EE) is a Canada online immigration application system that allows people to submit a profile and be qualified as a skilled immigrant. Candidates with the highest rankings are later invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
The express entry program is one of the most preferred and used immigration routes by foreign migrants. Express Entry organizes and processes applications for people who wish to immigrate to Canada and acquire Canadian permanent residence.
Benefits of the Express Entry system:
- Everything is done online, which makes it easy for all applicants
- This program allows you to remain in the pool if you are not successful the first time. During this period, you are allowed to improve your score so as to increase your chances of getting selected during the next round.
- You can improve you score by applying with your common-law partner or spouse.
Canadian Work Permit
As an intermediate skilled mine worker, such as laborers and machine operators, you can work towards a permanent future in Canada with the help of a temporary work permit. Before then, you will need a job offer that will help you qualify for a work visa, which allows you work in Canada temporarily. The Canadian work permit will be issued to you along with your temporary resident visa.
Lastly, gaining work experience in Canada Is one of the best ways of earning a permanent residency in future. The Canadian government prioritizes foreign migrants with local work experience using the provincial nominee program. This immigration program allows immigrants with work experience in Canada apply for permanent residence.
Please note: Before you find a mining job in Canada it’s highly recommended that you understand your visa and immigration options so that you can make the best choice.
READ ALSO: How to Immigrate to Canada Without a Job